Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Scream for All of US



Dear Joan...,

About a year ago, one of my former male friends forced himself on me. He was not "satisfied" with the attention I was giving him so he took it. They cut him a deal, 2nd Degree assault/6 months time & 1yr probation. Because it never went to trial nobody knows the real story. People are beginning to question the "incedent", and what happened between us to send him to jail. Should I just say nothing,or should I put my story, the truth, out there and stand by it? I'm pretty involved in a lot of community activities so, many people know me

What should I, or what would you do?

----------
I say put it out there. Scream it from the tops of your lungs. You have nothing to be ashamed of. He even admitted to it in order to get the plea bargain, so it's not like he can deny it now. He can try, but no one would believe him.

Get your story out there. I do whenever I can. I was raped and I know that sharing my story with other people has helped them. And after the fact, after the actual rape occurs, there is little else we can do to fight back. But putting your story and your face out there and admitting to the world what happened to you, WILL help SOMEONE. It might not be anyone you know, but it will help someone. I say do it...do it as often and as loudly and proudly as you can.

Love Joan
 Posted by Hello

The Cast

BRANDO & JOAN

Marlon Brando * Joan Crawford

CONTACT JOAN

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

In Our Hearts

Find Burke's Killer!

"The Courage to Act...By Rod Napier "Dedicated to Burke O'Brien, A Hero Forever" ... please visit
BURKE O'BRIEN .ORG
BURKE TELEVISION

Mark O'Brien- Loving Father, Compassionate Friend, and Ceaseless Seeker of Justice

"I hope to not just laugh, but to laugh uncontrollably. I hope to not just cry, but to wail deeply. I hope to not just find the elusive "alone together" place within, but to hold, and be held in it. I hope my refection on the lake dissipates and I can see into the waters."
~~Mark O'Brien





Archives

June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
April 2005

The Best of Brando
The Chauffeur
Swearengen Sense
Accidents or Messages
The Recalcitrant Buffalo
Nature Speaks, I Listen
The Rapture of the Ride
Smiling Through Tears*
(*by Joan, about Brando's death)

Favorite Links

Mama Let 'Em Be Cowboys




Credits

powered by blogger
trackbacks by haloscan





Designed by mela | Image from stock.xchng