Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Monday, June 28, 2004

Swearengen Sense




I love the show Deadwood on HBO . With its unflinching realism producer David Milch tells the story of the development of politics. The show stands in stark contrast to the current politicians and pundits we have today.

"...... DEADWOOD is an intense, character-driven drama that takes elements of the traditional western and turns them upside down. "I had always wanted to do a series set in some period where it was legitimate to explore the genesis of law," Milch says. "What interested me about Deadwood is that it was an outlaw settlement, on Indian territory, so the American law didn't apply ? there were no laws at all."

Machiavellian saloon owner Al Swearengen, is the most powerful man in town ."He controls the most successful bar and whorehouse in all of Deadwood ? bringing in $5,000 a day in 1876 ? and anybody that threatens his sources of income will find themselves 'fed to the pigs"

My thought was to slide Al Swearingen in as the president and examine how he might respond to challenger John Kerry. I have quoted Al directly as I have Kerry, to give you a clear idea how it might go. I think you will find him "refreshing"

"You know why he should answer that question? Because I answered the questions," said Kerry
"Here's my counter-offer to your counter-offer: go f**k yourself."
--Al Swearengen

"I'm proud of our service. I said that in the days after I came back from Vietnam, even though things were happening in larger policy that I thought were wrong, and I talked about them."
--Kerry
"I want to know who cut the cheese."
--Al Swearengen

"George Bush has had four years to come here, sit down with the mayors, work with these issues,? he said. ?He just ignores them, gives a big tax cut to the wealthiest people, and people are hurting more and more. -- Kerry
"I wouldn't trust a man who wouldn't try to steal a little."
--Al Swearengen

"I think it comes down to this larger ideological, neocon concept of fundamental change in the region,? Kerry

"Don't play that sh*t where you make me drag your words out. Declare, or shut the f*ck up."
--Swearengen

On Kerry's hair.......
"Get a f*cking haircut. Looks like your mother f*cked a monkey."
--Swearengen

"The scriptures say, what does it profit, my brother, if someone says he has faith but does not have works?" Kerry said. "When we look at what is happening in America today, where are the works of compassion?"

"I ain't pissed off. I'm in f*cking wonderment. I'm waiting to be kept happy by another f*cking fairytale.?
--Swearengen

John Kerry ....... will give every American access to the health care plan that the President and Members of Congress already have
"Announcing your plans is a good way to hear god laugh."
-Al Swearengen

As you have figured out I like Al....a lot!

Brando


Even Al is speechless at times........This is remarkable Here comes the judge
 Posted by Hello

The Cast

BRANDO & JOAN

Marlon Brando * Joan Crawford

CONTACT JOAN

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

In Our Hearts

Find Burke's Killer!

"The Courage to Act...By Rod Napier "Dedicated to Burke O'Brien, A Hero Forever" ... please visit
BURKE O'BRIEN .ORG
BURKE TELEVISION

Mark O'Brien- Loving Father, Compassionate Friend, and Ceaseless Seeker of Justice

"I hope to not just laugh, but to laugh uncontrollably. I hope to not just cry, but to wail deeply. I hope to not just find the elusive "alone together" place within, but to hold, and be held in it. I hope my refection on the lake dissipates and I can see into the waters."
~~Mark O'Brien





Archives

June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
April 2005

The Best of Brando
The Chauffeur
Swearengen Sense
Accidents or Messages
The Recalcitrant Buffalo
Nature Speaks, I Listen
The Rapture of the Ride
Smiling Through Tears*
(*by Joan, about Brando's death)

Favorite Links

Mama Let 'Em Be Cowboys




Credits

powered by blogger
trackbacks by haloscan





Designed by mela | Image from stock.xchng