Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Thursday, July 08, 2004

Authentic Ringo??



One could take personality test's on the Internet all day long. I am not sure why I needed to know which Beetle I was (John) or what fruit I am (I am no damn fruit). I think Carl Jung is a genius, and have taken the Meyers Briggs personality type test. I am a INFP, a theoretically rare type, but I still put my pants on one leg at a time. I continue to take these tests largely because I get the big joke. That being, I am quite smart about others, but remarkably dumb about myself.

Recently a psychologist friend of mine whom I hold in high regard recommended a test site to me: Authentic Happiness - Using the New Positive PsychologyThis site features a long questionnaire, the aim of which is to determine one's "Signature strengths"

DR Seligman defines 24 strengths broken down into 6 different categories: Wisdom and Knowledge, Courage, Humanity and Love, Justice, Temperance, and Transcendence. The idea being if one stays with their "signature strengths" one will more easily find "Authentic Happiness." I find the jargon a bit pretenious,but the test itself quite illuminating. I recommend it.

Very brave, recommending something for "others." Makes me want to gag. So here for the whole universe, I will expose my signature strengths. First is ingenuity and original thinking .Second, loving and allowing myself to be loved. Third was perceptive, fourth loyal, and fifth curious. Interestingly, I don't seem to be transcendent and totally lack temperance....

I realize these tests may not interest many people. Tonight, "Authentic happiness" seems so remarkably illusive. Maybe I could be happy just being Ringo and a pear.
 Posted by Hello

The Cast

BRANDO & JOAN

Marlon Brando * Joan Crawford

CONTACT JOAN

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

In Our Hearts

Find Burke's Killer!

"The Courage to Act...By Rod Napier "Dedicated to Burke O'Brien, A Hero Forever" ... please visit
BURKE O'BRIEN .ORG
BURKE TELEVISION

Mark O'Brien- Loving Father, Compassionate Friend, and Ceaseless Seeker of Justice

"I hope to not just laugh, but to laugh uncontrollably. I hope to not just cry, but to wail deeply. I hope to not just find the elusive "alone together" place within, but to hold, and be held in it. I hope my refection on the lake dissipates and I can see into the waters."
~~Mark O'Brien





Archives

June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
April 2005

The Best of Brando
The Chauffeur
Swearengen Sense
Accidents or Messages
The Recalcitrant Buffalo
Nature Speaks, I Listen
The Rapture of the Ride
Smiling Through Tears*
(*by Joan, about Brando's death)

Favorite Links

Mama Let 'Em Be Cowboys




Credits

powered by blogger
trackbacks by haloscan





Designed by mela | Image from stock.xchng