Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Friday, July 02, 2004

A Legend Passes




Marlon Brando Dies at Age 80
CBS 5 News has learned Marlon Brando passed away Thursday in Los Angeles. Brando may be best known for his roles in "The Godfather" and "On the Waterfront". He won oscars for his work in those 2 films. The cause of death is still unknown. Marlon Brando was 80 years old.


For me there was only one actor and one role.I wanted to play Stanley in "A Streetcar Named Desire".( made famous by Brando) I had the good fortune to be cast as Stanley in a production at a small theater on the north side of Chicago.

The evening I won the role, still in a daze,and frightened I could not live up to my dreams I went to the local supermarket. Remarkably, as I put my groceries on the belt I look up and see the name tag on the cashier. It was "Stella". The moment of truth came upon me much sooner than I had planned. Brando understood the moment and so must I. I dropped to one knee right there in Domincks foods and screamed "Stellaaaaaaa" for all the world to see.

 Posted by Hello

The Cast

BRANDO & JOAN

Marlon Brando * Joan Crawford

CONTACT JOAN

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

In Our Hearts

Find Burke's Killer!

"The Courage to Act...By Rod Napier "Dedicated to Burke O'Brien, A Hero Forever" ... please visit
BURKE O'BRIEN .ORG
BURKE TELEVISION

Mark O'Brien- Loving Father, Compassionate Friend, and Ceaseless Seeker of Justice

"I hope to not just laugh, but to laugh uncontrollably. I hope to not just cry, but to wail deeply. I hope to not just find the elusive "alone together" place within, but to hold, and be held in it. I hope my refection on the lake dissipates and I can see into the waters."
~~Mark O'Brien





Archives

June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
April 2005

The Best of Brando
The Chauffeur
Swearengen Sense
Accidents or Messages
The Recalcitrant Buffalo
Nature Speaks, I Listen
The Rapture of the Ride
Smiling Through Tears*
(*by Joan, about Brando's death)

Favorite Links

Mama Let 'Em Be Cowboys




Credits

powered by blogger
trackbacks by haloscan





Designed by mela | Image from stock.xchng